Interested in volunteering with us? Great! Check out the volunteer opportunities below, and then send us your application. We look forward to serving our community with you!
Becoming a Volunteer
- You must be age 14 or older to volunteer.
- Read and choose the volunteer opportunity in which you would like to participate from the list provided below.
- Complete and return a volunteer application.
- Schedule an appointment with our Volunteer Coordinator for a background check. You will need your photo ID and Social Security card. Appointments are made between 8 a.m.-4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday at 2527 Kenton Street. There is no charge to you. Background checks are required by the State of Ohio for anyone working with people who have developmental disabilities.
- When you come in for your background check, you will receive details about your volunteer assignment, including a volunteer handbook and the hours you will be serving.
Opportunities for Volunteers (Choose One)
Quest horticulture – Helps individuals plant and care for herbs and vegetables. Previous work experience or education in horticulture is required. Commitment hours are flexible, with time served between 8 a.m. – 3:30 p.m. weekdays.
Quest mixers and special events – Set-up and take-down of event. Assists individuals with playing games, social interaction, and serving food/drinks. Commitment for mixers is three hours on the first and third Wednesdays of the month, and sometimes the fourth Wednesday, from 5:30 to 8:30 p.m. We have the most need for mixer volunteers.
Social Work practicum/intern – College students needing observation hours or to complete a practicum are encouraged to complete the volunteer application and submit it in order to be considered for these positions.
Fiscal intern – College students majoring in finance can apply to assist in the business services department. Commitment hours are flexible, with time served between from 9 a.m. – 4 p.m. weekdays.
Wittenberg 50/50 Student – This work study program with Wittenberg University allows a Wittenberg student to apply for a paid job with us. Very few of these are offered each year and positions are posted in the Wittenberg Work Study Office.
Questions? Contact our volunteer coordinator at 937-346-0736.