We are currently planning to resume training in CPR and Crisis Prevention Institute in June. This date may change due to any rule changes by the DODD and/or orders from Governor DeWine. These will be our only offerings throughout the summer. Your safety and the safety of those you support is our primary concern, therefore training moving forward will look different until we are cleared to interact directly. We appreciate your understanding and support of these changes:
- To limit contact, please do not stop by the Human Resource office to schedule and/or pay for your training. Please schedule your training by emailing Bonnie Davis at email@example.com. Please pay for your training by check or money order sent by mail to Developmental Disabilities of Clark County, Human Resources, 2535 Kenton St. Springfield, 45505.
- Classroom portions will be done virtually via Zoom. Zoom is a video chat program where you can see and be seen by the instructor. This requires internet access. At the time of registration, you will be given instructions for the Zoom meeting.
- In-person parts of training will be limited to skills checks to reduce contact time.
- In-person training will incorporate 6 feet social distancing and revised standards so you do not have to touch or get close to anyone when demonstrating skills.
- All persons coming on campus for training will be required to have their temperatures taken, answer a Covid 19 questionnaire, and wear a face covering at all times while on campus.
- Please respect social distancing when entering through doorways and restrooms.
- No eating or drinking will be permitted during class.
- Non-Violent Crisis Intervention (CPI) will be limited to verbal skills training only for those who have never taken CPI. All CPI refresher training will be done virtually with videos that will review the physical skills. All participants will still need workbooks which can be mailed to your agency in advance of class.
- Our training rooms and equipment will be deep cleaned and disinfected before, during, and after training sessions.
If you have any questions, comments, or concerns for our “new normal”, please do not hesitate to contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org or 937-346-0744. Please stay safe and healthy!