Interested in volunteering with us? Great! Check out the volunteer opportunities below, and then send us your application. We look forward to serving our community with you!
Becoming a Volunteer
- You must be age 14 or older to volunteer.
- Read and choose the volunteer opportunity in which you would like to participate from the list provided below.
- Complete and return a volunteer application.
- Schedule an appointment with our volunteer coordinator for a background check. You will need your photo ID and Social Security card. Appointments are made between 8 a.m.-4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday at 2527 Kenton Street. There is no charge to you. Background checks are required by the State of Ohio for anyone working with people who have developmental disabilities.
- When you come in for your background check, you will receive details about your volunteer assignment, including a volunteer handbook and the hours you will be serving.
Opportunities for Volunteers (Choose One)
Human Resources aide – Acts as a receptionist and provides office support for the department of Human Resources. Responsibilities include answering the main phone line and directing calls, greeting guests and other duties. Volunteer needs basic knowledge of computer and data entry. Pleasant manner, patience, problem-solving ability, dependability, initiative, and flexibility to work independently. Commitment hours are flexible, with time served between 8 a.m. – 4 p.m. weekdays.
Early Intervention volunteer – Assists the developmental specialist with preparing for home visits, and performs clerical tasks such as answering phones and filing. Volunteer may also be asked to help plan community activities and attend such events. Volunteer maybe asked to gather and develop packets of information for families served. Commitment hours are flexible, with time served between 8 a.m. – 4 p.m. weekdays.
Quest horticulture – Helps individuals plant and care for herbs and vegetables. Previous work experience or education in horticulture is required. Commitment hours are flexible, with time served between 8 a.m. – 3:30 p.m. weekdays.
Quest mixers and special events – Assists individuals with playing games, social interaction, and serving food/drinks. Commitment for mixers is two hours on the first and third Wednesdays of the month, and sometimes the fourth Wednesday, from 6-8 p.m. We have the most need for mixer volunteers.
Marketing intern – College students interested in marketing, communications, videography, photography, or public relations can apply to assist in the marketing department. Duties may include writing news releases and feature stories, taking photos for use as stock, video production, social media posting, website content, writing brochures, event coordination, and research and database development. Proficient writer and communicator required. Commitment hours are flexible, with time served between 8 a.m. – 4 p.m. weekdays.
Social Work practicum/intern – College students needing observation hours or to complete a practicum are encouraged to complete the volunteer application and submit it in order to be considered for these positions.
Fiscal intern – College students majoring in finance can apply to assist in the business services department. Commitment hours are flexible, with time served between from 9 a.m. – 4 p.m. weekdays.
Questions? Contact our volunteer coordinator at 937-346-0736.